Instructions For Keratin Smoothing & Treatment To Do Yourself
What Are The Benefits Of Keratin Hair Treatment?
- Wash your hair according to the instructions with the special cleaning shampoo. This removes any old styling residue that weighs on the hair.
- After that, the hair must be blown dry.
- Now the keratin solution is applied. Work carefully so that you really are treating every strand of hair. If you have very long hair, it can be helpful to have a friend help out.
- Comb each strand of hair well so that the keratin solution is well distributed and worked into the hair.
- Note the specified exposure time so that the agent has enough time to work into the cuticle.
- Then use the straightening iron as directed. It is very important that it is set to hot enough. Because keratin smoothing is only successful at a correspondingly high temperature.
- Depending on the condition of the hair, it may be necessary to straighten the hair up to five times in a row so that the hair is sealed.
- You are not allowed to wash, tie or style your hair for the next three days. The product needs this time to make the smoothing really durable. If the hair becomes curly during this time, simply rework it with the straightening iron.
The advantages of this care method mostly relate to easy styling and a significant improvement in the type of curls. Other advantages to be emphasized:
- noticeable ease of combing, even if the hair has just been washed;
- optical brilliance appears the special suppleness of the curls is felt;
- the styling remains the same even under the influence of high humidity or wind;
- You will no longer suffer because your hair is always tangled or faded.
- Split ends are eliminated;
- there will be a thickening of the curls;
- The hair is protected from various unpleasant factors (UV rays, sudden changes in temperature, or freezing weather).
- the hair loses the tendency to constant and annoying electrification;
Another major advantage of straightening is the long-term durability of the end result, which can last up to six months with proper care. By the way, a number of compositions for performing this popular procedure can be applied independently at home. The most important thing is to carefully follow the instructions all the time. So you can save this process considerably and also achieve excellent results.
Is Keratin Treatment Actually Good For Your Hair Health? Is there any side effect?
You need to avoid damaging the curls of various types of moisture, such as rain or moisture, and not washing your hair 72 hours according to keratin hair treatment aftercare
procedure. And a keratin treatment with formaldehyde
can lead to very uncomfortable and even uncomfortable feelings, especially in women who are used to cleaning their hair on a daily basis. There is a fairly high risk of various allergies and even irritation (you may get watery eyes, redness of the mucous membranes, skin on the face and head). It is forbidden to tangle or subject the hair to mechanical stress 3 days after the procedure: you can not braid it or collect too tight an elastic band in the tail. It is especially important that you try not to crush your straight strands while you are resting or sleeping after the keratin treatment
In 2-3 months after this procedure, unexpected breakage and cutting of the ends of the hair can easily occur. Directed strands get dirty much faster, so you need to wash them frequently with fairly expensive sulfate-free products to keep your hair looking well-groomed. Hair can lose significant volume and some hair can fall out after straightening. Significant problems with subsequent hair coloring, caused by the fact that there is a layer of keratin on the hair. This prevents a certain pigment from penetrating and distributing it in threads. The tools used during the keratinization process includes formaldehyde except our KHS hair products
. The keratin hair treatment with formaldehyde
contains many other dangerous compounds. Inhaling toxic fumes can cause:
Is Keratin Treatment Suitable For All Hair Types?
- poisoning of different degrees of severity;
- Injuries to the digestive tract, heart, and respiratory tract;
- the formation of tumors.
Trichologists advise carrying out such straightening only for those people who actually have unruly and curly strands. If you can find an alternative solution without using harmful and aggressive components (such as formaldehyde), it is better to refuse to judge. Those women who have simply been tired all their lives struggling with curls that are not entirely obedient will appreciate this procedure. By the way, keratinization is suitable for all kinds of hair, but the visual impact, benefit, and duration of the result differ significantly. On thin hair, such an effect will become more and more noticeable. But hair that is too weak gets dirty much faster. On hard, and keratinizing effect of curly curls is not long. Such an operation must be carried out on this hair once a month. The most successful keratin hair treatment results
will be on medium-hard hair.
Important Points To Pay Attention In Keratin Hair Treatment Aftercare
It should also be borne in mind that the artificial keratin treatment will be destroyed in the following cases:
How To Take Care Of Hair After Keratin Treatment
- If exposed to excessively hot water, it is immediately necessary to limit, if not exclude, visits to the bath and take a bath carefully.
- If you wash your hair with sulfate shampoos, which will wash out keratin much faster;
- when drying hair in a constant mode in an uncombed form;
- If you use a hot hairdryer on the curls too often, curl the curling iron. The most obvious disadvantage of straightening curls with keratin, despite a temporarily excellent result, it is possible to consider a fairly large list of various contraindications and all kinds of unpleasant consequences for a woman's state of health.
Keratin treatment in pregnancy. The fact is that the keratin composition accumulates in the body and can negatively affect the development of the fetus.
- Breastfeeding baby.
- Oncological diseases of any localization. Here it is better not to joke about health and avoid such dangerous procedures.
- If your hair is falling out too often and in large amounts, then in no case should you take the risk and straighten it, otherwise you may run out of hair.
- If your hair is too weak and brittle, straightening it will only worsen the condition. The breathtaking effects only last a few weeks, and then the long months of restoring damaged hair keratin come for you.
- If you have any damage to the head, even if it is just small scratches or wounds.
- All kinds of scalp diseases.
- Tendency to allergies.
Hair straightening with keratin is suitable for all hair. However, neither coloring nor bleaching should be carried out in the first few days after treatment. You can also use a normal shampoo to care for your hair. However, you should make sure that the shampoo for shampooing does not contain salt. You should also take a look at the list of ingredients for conditioners and hair treatments. In addition, it is usually advised not to use styling products that contain silicones. These lie around the hair in a single layer and can make the next straightening process much more difficult. To save costs, you can also do the smoothing yourself. There are numerous products on the market that are intended for Brazilian keratin hair straightening or blowout. Make sure that the product does not contain formaldehyde. Some manufacturers now offer products as named keratin hair treatment without formaldehyde
that are free from this carcinogenic substance.
We recommend the KHS Keratin Hair Straightening Kit
. It is formaldehyde-free and you get all the accessories you need. The kit is sufficient for up to 3 applications, depending on the length of the hair. A worthwhile investment when you consider how expensive hairdressing treatment can be. The right keratin hair treatment shampoo and conditioner
are also available from the same manufacturer. Both products are optimally matched to hair straightening and the keratin kit. If you want to straighten your hair permanently, then this method is very suitable. The more often you straighten your hair, the longer the stubborn curls stay out.